Welcome to my Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

You Never Know What Will Be the Exact Moment of Insight


R has been struggling for years with anxiety and depression. My Brainswitch book helped R with his depression and helped his motivation. But anxiety and fear were still ruling his life. I suggested many things, nutrition, other books, a course in public speaking. Each pursuit helped a bit. And now this letter: Another insight from Dr. Abraham Low's book Mental Health Through Will Training.


Hi Ms Curtiss 



Yes, it was anxiety with fear for all this long. I spent long years in unreality life that causes me fear. Dr Abraham Low book helps me a lot. 



I could recognize whats going with me from the stories in the book. It is amazing book.

Thanks SO much Ms Curtiss 

Dear R.



You are welcome. We can become free from old habitual fear responses once we know what they are and stop believing in them as if they are reality. A. B. Curtiss








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Arline,
You mention that "We can become free from old habitual fear responses once we know what they are and stop believing in them."

My question is; How do I discover / understand those fears? Your books have helped me immensely. I'm no longer troubled that 'Depression' will overcome me because I now know, that Depression is something I do to myself.
However I often drift into that zone of where I feel a sense of nothingness and helplessness. It's often some time till I recognise I'm there, and then once again I recognise I must use the 'tools' to begin my climb back out.
I have strong fears that have stayed with me from childhood. I'm afraid of people. Relatives have told me that at age 4, I was "a very well behaved boy." My recollections were that I was always scared of people and always needed permission to do things, which has carried through well into adulthood.
My parents were gentle people. So this has always perplexed me as to where these fears came from.