Welcome to my Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Healthy Oat Meal Cookie Recipe


After my back injury and while I was finding it difficult to eat with no appetite, I tried to come up with a healthy oatmeal cookie. Everything I tried on the Internet was too sweet or not healthy enough so I started experimenting. After the 5th try I came up with a cookie I really liked. Thought I would pass it on. A. B. Curtiss

HEALTHY OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE

1 stick of butter (¼ lb)
1 egg
½ cup brown sugar
1 teas vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
MIX THEN ADD
2 cups oatmeal
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
MIX THEN ADD
2 cups raw walnuts, pecans, and almonds (chop up first if whole, especially almonds))
MIX
Form by hand and press flat on cookie sheet--they don’t raise much
BAKE 375 degrees 10-12 minutes
Makes 16 cookies

No comments: