Welcome to my Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

To be a More Loving Person Get Rid of More Depressed Fear

I have been booksigning all this week. I have found a great way to put to good use my discontent with the way the signings are going sometimes. Often, I have so many people at once I can’t sign books fast enough. And then, all of a sudden, there is an empty space in front of me. Which I don’t like.

Although I have done a lot of work on myself in getting rid of repressed fear, (See Chapter 10 of Depression is a Choice),I’m always interested in checking out any repressed fear that hasn't bubbled up yet. I know one of the ways to get in touch with repressed fear is to turn the focus from anything you don’t like, are discontented with, etc., back to yourself and focus on whatever feelings might be going on.

You guessed it. When I turned my focus from any discontent at the spaces in between booksignings, I did discover some rather painful “stuff.” Repressed fear can be easily masked of course by refocusing back to something in the environment, especially if you can blame somebody or some thing and focus on that. But when you don’t try to avoid your repressed fear, something magical can happen.

So I made my discontent a meditation. I really focused on any pain I could discover. I even decided to do a little visualization and imagined the painful feelings were like black smoke that I then let rise out away from me and diminish.

It's so interesting how much more accepting you are of your fellow man when you are not so full of repressed fear.

I suppose you could even use your discontent or disappointment in yourself that you are not more accepting of your fellow man,or a more loving person to get in touch with more repressed fear. Haven't tried that yet as a meditation. A. B. Curtiss

No comments: