Welcome to my Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Your Book Totally Changed my Outlook on Depression

I really feel compelled to personally thank you for writing your book "Depression is a Choice". I am only 22 years old, and for maybe 3 or 4 years I have been letting depression get the best of me. Staying in bed all day, not going to my college classes, killing my interpersonal relationships with people.

I always knew that there was something wrong, but I could never bring myself to talk about it with anyone. I decided to buy your book, because like you, I was always very against taking any anti-depressant medication. I can't say how much I have enjoyed reading this book. Your self revelation through describing all your own personal experiences I found both amusing and thought provoking, sometimes bursting out in laughter, and other times re-reading what you said because it was so profound.

You have totally changed my outlook on depression and tweaked/reinforced a lot of my societal views. I am now taking control of my mind and dealing with feelings of depression in a pro-active way, and I find myself feeling better and accomplishing more than I ever did before. I just felt compelled to write you and thank you, I really feel like reading your book has changed my life, and committing to sitting down and reading it (I have a history of buying books and never opening them), has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Thank you.

C. L.

Thank you for your letter. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them.

No comments: