Welcome to my Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Brainswitching is now Working for Me--Goody, Goody

Dear A.B.
Thank you so much, this is really giving me encouragement as I wake up and head to work.  I'm so grateful of your words, I wish I could express more.  I will use courage, strength, will and faith to face the difficulties instead of taking refuge in the known escape routes.   Wishing you a great day as well.  Thank you again for your invaluable help.  Y_____

Dear Y______

You can do it. Your brain is not more powerful than you. Your brain is the result of your thinking. You are not the result of what your brain thinks. Your brain will ultimately go where you insist that it go and do what you insist it must do. A. B
Dear A. B.

I kept telling myself to focus and not to slip back as you said, prepared to face the difficulties but I can almost feel a switch that goes off in my brain and my mind wouldn't take in anything but anxiety and panic.  I can swear I really gave focusing and concentrating on work tasks my 120%. Every minute of today was a huge challenge, a battle.  I just hope it gets better by the day, but with work pressure increasing, I'm finding it more and more difficult to cope.  But again I do tell myself not to think that, and to associate work to neutral or positive thoughts - but the reality of my days at work is just so unbearably hard.  Y_________

Dear Y__________

Your brain doesn't "take in" anxiety and panic it manufactures it. In addition to focusing on your tasks, can you look around and see what help you could be to someone else nearby. Pick up something, put something away? You have done a hard job. Give yourself credit for the day. You made it count. You were successful. You didn't give up. Isolate one task that has been difficult and figure out how you can learn something to make it easier, or how you can get information from someone so that you understand something better. Congratulations on you getting through the day. The next day should be a little easier. A. B. Curtiss

Dear A. B

I can do all the minor things, like pick up something for someone, answer simple e-mails, etc.  It's my actual project that needs strategic thinking, project planning and most of all motivation that is just beyond my capability currently.    Yes, I should congratulate myself for making it through the day and not giving up, though I was so close to a complete breakdown -- mentally I was on the floor screaming Greeeeen Frog - while I had to maintain composure in front of all - and pretend to listen when nothing was going in my ears.   But I did make it through, and as you say, tomorrow should be a little easier.  Yes, and I tell myself this morning I can do one more day, I can do it, I can do it!!  Thank you for the encouragements, it's so nice to wake up and see your email first thing in the morning. Thank you so much. Another one day done.  Goody goody for me... I will try that! Y_______
  
 Dear Y___________

Congratulations. Yes, indeed, goody, goody for you. And keep using goody, goody. Our subcortex is so infantile and the brain's logic is so set in stone as far as learned association is concerned that we can do all kinds of wonderful things by manipulating our brain into a better mood.

That goody, goody thing is pretty amazing. Probably because it is so removed from any learned assocation with something negative that the brain immediately starts to connect it with any positive thing the it can find in the memory banks and the neurons start to light up in positive learned associations. You can hook goody, goody to two days accomplished for which you deserve all the credit. You did it.

I've been using goody, goody myself when I swim and actually, whenever I think about it. It's pretty magical. Somehow it makes the whole swim thing more pleasant instead of just being a dutiful exercise to keep healthy. A. B. Curtiss


Dear A. B.

Yes, I find the goody goody working better than anything I tried.  Today was a holiday here so no work, but I felt much better than I felt in a long time using goody goody throughout the day.  Thank you so much, and I hope to prevail like this with work as well ! 

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger, thanks for your comment! You have also inspired me to think about important matters with your questions the other day, especially about work, what kind of lifestyle I want to have, who I would be without depression, etc. I realize I have a choice in all these matters and Its my duty to create my own life. So I have so much to thank you as well as Blueyadane and of course AB ! Goody good ;). Y