Welcome to my Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I am Fearful at Work


QUESTION:

Two months before I noticed one of the work mates was acting unethical practices to myself, caused me to have deep fear for some days since it was first time I see such actions. I went to complain to my boss about this guy and my needs from him to support me to transfer the work mate to another place which did happen by the boss.

I started to fear the boss might one day tell about this story since me and the work mate are from same country and he might take this advantages.

I am trying to strengthen myself and I am on Vacation for few days just to relax.

My fear affects my work day and family as well. Really have hard time controlling my fear.

ANSWER:

Meditation would help you in this situation. When you feel the fear, decide to look at the fearful situation in a different way. Not through the eyes of fear but in a more meditative way, as if you are simply the observer rather than the sufferer. It takes a lot of courage but it makes you a stronger person.

Here is a helpful visualization you can use. Remember that fear is always about the future, which could really be all right. You can decide to put the fear in a mental box and close it so it doesn’t bother you.


You must avoid making yourself sick over something in the future. Decide that you are “all right in this moment”. Say to yourself “at this present moment I am safe.” Always pull back from negative thoughts about the future to the present moment where we are always safe. A. B. Curtiss

No comments: