Welcome to my Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

My Family has a History of Depression

Dear A. B. Curtiss

Just wanted to drop you a note and say "Thank You" for writing "Depression is a Choice." My family has a history of depression (my grandfather struggled all his life with depression, even had electric shock therapy, and eventually committed suicide in his 80's, my Uncle was also manic depressive, and my mother started manifesting depression after her 4 kids grew up, she has been in a cycle ofdepression/"normalcy" for the last 10 years or so).

When Mom was in the midst of one of her depressive seasons, I happened across your book in the bookstore and have read it twice. Your personal insight was (and is) refreshing and extremely helpful.

Thanks again for writing the book! J__________

Dear J_________

You are welcome. If you have any questions don't hesitate to write and you might also find Brainswitch out of Depression helpful. If I could describe the difference between the two books Depression is a Choice is the philosophy of how you get out of depression, Brainswitch out of Depression is a little more how-to and user-friendly, more  the neuroscience of how you get out of depression. A. B. Curtiss

No comments: