Welcome to my Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

More on Comments to Blog

Thanks again BLUEYEDANE for you comments. Depression is a strange thing. When you're NOT depressed you simply can't believe in the power of depression. How could your own thinking be ALL THAT bad?

Then when you ARE depressed you can't believe in your own power to get out of it.  NOTHING MATTERS ANYMORE BECAUSE THERE'S NO POINT TO MY LIFE. IT"S HOPELESS. THERE IS NO  REMEDY. I'M DOOMED.

So I guess my path is first, to keep devising better and better reminders to remember my own power when I'm depressed, and then to pass on these methods and my experience with them to help others remember their power when they are in the throes of depression.

It's a real help just to remember each other "out there" when we're suddenly locked in the isolation booth of depression. So we don't forget there is an "out there" and there are "others." We are never alone. And thank God for that. We can trust in this humanity. A. B.

No comments: