Welcome to my Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Will Reading Books Help with Depression

Dear Ms. Curtiss,

I think self talk is playing a big role in my depression. I am much better today but still sometimes easy to fall in self talk.

DO you think reading books will help me and what books do you advice me to read.

Thanks
R

Dear R,

I know English isn't your first language but I suppose these books are published in most languages.

You can read for distraction any kind of books that interest you--mystery books or thriller adventures. I like some of Nevil Shute's books, especially Trustee from the Toolroom. I also read Tresure Island and Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson every couple of years. For a thriller I like The Avenger by Frederick Forsythe or  Term Limits or Consent to Kill by Vince Flynn. I liked John Grissom's The Lincoln Lawyer, The Client  and The Pelican Brief. Any of Grissom's books are pretty good. Also any of Baldacci's books are pretty good. A lot of people like Clyde Custler for thriller adventures such as The Plague Ship . A. B. Curtiss

No comments: