Welcome to my Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Could I Post your Letter and Pix or Would you Rather not?



Dear Tom,


Thank you so much for your letter. I laughed out loud when I saw the green frog. I still use all the little mind tricks myself. That quick downshift is a bummer. However, for me it's not as sharp as it used to be. I just don't get the bad hits anymore, just the little mood shifts which are easy to knock
off with green frogs. I had a bad reaction this year to oxycodene which Kaiser prescribed for a back problem. I took it for four weeks. 

My brain was fried (horrible anxiety and muscle spasms) for about 6 months. Swimming, yoga and massage therapy fixed the back problem and muscle spasms, but nothing helped the anxiety except hypnosis which kept wearing off. I knew if I went back to Kaiser all they had to offer me was Paxil or the like. 

So I opted for Chinese medicine instead. Best thing I ever did for myself. I'm now on 8 different vitamins and supplements and never felt better. My nutritionist expert in Chinese medicine (Bret Moser, Poway, CA) said that my hormones were probably out of balance all my life and that's what positioned me for the big hits. Plus I learned depressive behavior from my father. Make sure your
nutrition is spot on. We're especially needing vitamin D and B complex as we age. Can I post your pix and letter on my blog or would you rather not.?
A. B. Curtiss


Dear A.B.,

What is this?  A renowned  author responding to my little note?  If you were trying to influence my serotonin levels it worked!  Ha!  Thanks for sharing your hormone/vitamin experience, and yes,  please post my pix and letter!  After all,  my health insurer can't drop me for reading a book about depression, right?

Tom Queally

No comments: