Welcome to my Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I was Taken Aback by Your Response to my Letter

This letter is a response to the post on December 24, 2011.

Dear A. B.


Thank you so much for replying so thoughtfully to my message. Your books have helped me so much. My sister gave me her copy of Brainswitch and I love it. At first, when you wrote that I was
probably very angry that my life wasn't working out the way I wanted, I was taken aback. I never think of myself as angry but I guess I am. .Some things in life cannot be willed or forced...like the big ones. I want...marriage and family. And it definitely bothers me that it has come easily to friends and not to me.

I am really going to take your advice to heart. I'm going to join a toast masters group because I am doing a toast at my sister's wedding. And I am going to take French classes so that I can pursue my dream of working in Africa with Doctors without Borders. And, I'm going to take art classes because I love art and miss it.

Meanwhile, I'm just living minute by minute...praying a lot, talking to my family a lot, being fully present and compassionate with my patients...and planning to not spend much time alone until I feel better. With some searching and being present, I hope my next step in life will be a good one.

Thank you so much for your kindness and help. T.

Dear T,

Sounds like you are headed in a very positive direction. A. B. Curtiss



No comments: