Welcome to my Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

About Creating Yourself at Every Waking Moment


Dear A.B. Curtiss,

After reading the summary of your book depression is a choice, I came  across many things that I had discovered personally.  Although I have no scientific knowledge of depression or manic depression, I know what its  like to "Snap" from the neocortex to the subcortex.  In reading the summary of your book, I was reassured, in a sense, that what I have been going through is valid.  I have found to beat the cycle of depression, it  is about creating yourself at every waking moment, completely giving up any preconceived notion of yourself, and ultimately shutting off the past.  I understand this may be hard for those who are traumatized by deaths in the family, ptsd etc., however I believe with these techniques  depression merely turns into a thing of the past; a phrase that is  commonly used to fuel the booming pharmaceutical economy. I am glad that I have found someone that sees past all of the medication and modern-treatment that most of the "depressed" consider. In summary, I really enjoyed reading the summary on your book and i plan to purchase it soon!  Thank you for your time, and may God be with you. TN

Dear TN,

Thanks for your letter. I sent it on to someone I thought could learn something from it (without your name) and she said that this sentence was very helpful “I have found a way to beat the cycle of depression, it is about creating yourself at every waking moment, completely giving up any preconceived notion of yourself, and ultimately shutting off the past.” A. B. Curtiss

No comments: