Welcome to my Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

I Won't be the Victim of Depression Anymore

Dear A. B. Curtiss

My name is _________ and I work for an Independent Living center called Disability Action Center.

I watched a video called what the bleep are we doing which started me working on my mental health issues. I have been telling people for about 3 years the same thing.

I hated being a victim of the disability and decided to do something about it. I have put depression, anger and pressure as a choice and now have chosen not to have these worthless feelings attached to me. I have discussed this with people and have been getting a mixed bag of comments back. I know that I have turned this around and know others can also if they really wish to do.

Many people have resistance thinking which I feel stops one from moving ahead.

The thing about the choice idea is that a person has to take responsibility for their feelings and how they deal with things. You can no longer blame the chemical process or anyone else for how you feel.

I am so glad to see that others believe like I do.

V. E.

Dear V. E.

You are absolutely right on. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. A. B. Curtiss

No comments: