Welcome to my Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Cannot Believe How Happiness Comes After all the Struggling

Dear Curtiss

I do not know how to thank you because I cannot believe how happiness changed my life suddenly after the struggling. 

Thanks So much again.R_______

Dear R________

You are welcome. But remember, as the I Ching counsels, "there’s no plain not followed by a slope." You will always have ups and downs, highs and lows. Just anticipate that another low will come sooner or later and you won’t have to be afraid because you are prepared, you know how to get out of it.

By the way I’m intrigued with your “out of the box” exercise and have been using it sometimes for my own  depression when it hits. It is a great device for immediately accessing the neocortex and when you do that, the sense of hopelessness and futility seem to fade immediately. Probably because, since you are putting depression in a box, obviously you cannot be helpless

The physical symptoms might continue for a while but the sense of hopelessness and futility are the most painful. When they are gone, the other is more like a toothache instead the end of “life as you know it."

.
A. B. Curtiss.

No comments: