Welcome to my Blog

Friday, October 16, 2015

I Need Encouragement


THANKS FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT

Thank you so much for your encouragement and common sense. Thanks also for forwarding that letter. My mind keeps demanding proof that this brainswitching will work. My mind also keeps telling me that other people can do it because they don't have my exact issues and all this tangled mess of negativity, vanity, insecurity etc. 

I have so many negtive assumptions and judgments that it seems odd that such a small change as saying "green frog" could really last. As I said, I did well with it for a few days and then I started not doing as well. I feel a bit like a rat on a wheel wondering when do I get to quit running? I think I tend to try to complicate things. It means so much to me that you are here and responsive to those of us that need the guidance. Yesterday I had the chance to spread the word about Brainswitch to someone else I know that struggles. He is looking forward to buying and reading it. Peace to you

RESPONSE:

Expecting that doing these exercises to get out of depression are somehow a permanent fix is incorrect. Like any maintenance, the excersizes need to be frequently employed to match frequency of the negative pop ups you get from passive thinking. After a while the employment of the exercises itself does become a permenent fix similar to a regular, well-kept schedule of physical exercise that you establish and keep up to insure your body remains in good health. There is no way to "fix" depression or anxiety so it won't trigger. 

Sometimes anxiety and depression trigger for good reason and we should always make sure our nutrition is giving our body what it needs by routine check-ups with a homeopathic practicitioner or doctor of Chinese medicine. But when these fear responses trigger for no reason except habitual thinking, then thinking "green frog" or some similar exercise instead of thinking "I feel helpless, in despair and I could scream" is a good idea. It continues to work for me. A. B. Curtiss

No comments: