Welcome to my Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

More on Fearful Thoughts Causing Physical Symptoms

Dear AB,

Thank you for your reply. But the physical symptoms are there even though I don't follow the thoughts. Once they find a little space, they pop up, leave a big mark like I've been shot in the chest. I'll think of other thoughts but the physical symptoms - like being shell shocked remains, which gets in the way of focusing on work tasks. Does this make sense to you? You make it seem so easy to choose thoughts.... I wonder why it's so difficult for me. But I am prevailing and I have to stop beating up myself and focus more on the accomplishments of each day. Y_____


Dear Y______

The physical symptoms will not last long if you do not think them. Other physical states will come into being as you think and concentrate on other thoughts in place of the fearful thoughts. A. B. Curtiss

No comments: