Welcome to my Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Stuck in the Cul De Sac of Depression


 
QUESTION:

When I get stuck in the downs, I just don’t know what to do. I feel helpless. I don’t see any road ahead. I feel stuck in a cul de sac. Around and around and no way out.

ANSWER:

We all feel helpless when we get stuck in the downs. You just have to take the next step. So what is the next step? The next step is like any first step. Difficult because we lack the motivation. The downs deprives us of motivation so we have to take the next step ANYWAY.

How? There are exercises and meditations, and just doing the next thing that could comprise the next step. You have to make a template, a plan, that you can call upon so that when the downs hit, you follow the template, the plan, to move ahead and cease to follow your feelings which stick you in the cul de sac.  Brainswitching exercises make a wonderful template.

No comments: