Welcome to my Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Neuroplasticity and Anti-depressants

Dear A.B.Curtiss,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm so grateful for the insight and encouragement you continue to provide.

If I understand you well, staying on medication for now will not have any effect on the neuroplasticity of the brain, so new thought patterns and positive neuro path ways can still develop with or without medication. Is that correct?

If that is the case, I will wait until I feel more confident about my ability to get out of depression.

As I'm paying increasing attention to every thought I have, I am now noticing how for so long I have been engaged in negative thoughts even when not depressed and how it has become so dominant -- no wonder I've crumbled to such debilitating depression periodically.

Thank you very much for your encouragements--it touches me deeply as I struggle in the course of going in the right direction. I pray that the 'someday' will come very soon. Y_______


Dear Y________
Yes, your medication cannot prevent you from changing your thinking and behavior and thus your brain.

No comments: