Welcome to my Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I am Using your Depression Book in My Psych Course

Dear A. B. Curtiss,

I am once again using your book "Depression is a Choice" as a required reading for a psychology course I am teaching at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD.

Some years ago, when I was using your book, you agreed to respond to e-mails from students in my class. As it turned out, very few took advantage of this special opportunity. This time I have some very good and highly motivated students in my class (15 students in all). I am wondering if you would be willing to answer questions from those students in my class who would write to you?

Please let me know. We are now reading the book "Where the Roots Reach for Water: A Personal & Natural History of Melancholia" by Jeffrey Smith. We will be starting your book on February 26.

The course is PSYC 397 Topics: Depression, Unhappiness, Despair--Exuberance, Happiness, Gladness.
Thank you,
Michael Nedelsky
Associate Professor
Psychology Department
Augustana College

No comments: